Teen Years.


“Your teenage years are the years you’ll forever cherish” HELL NO. All that I’ve learnt from my teen years is this.

1. You’re never, I mean it, NEVER ALONE. In many ways, it’s great but now that I’ve grown a little ( I feel ) too much is too much. Literally. You’re constantly surrounded with people you’ve considered friends, family, they bring out versions of yours that may silently fade away with your growing up - and that’s okay!

2. All the friends that you make in those years, will slowly start to grow apart from you and so would you, but that is okay; as long as there’s respect and love from a distance.

3. You’ll have to ask for a lot more permissions from your parents when it comes to “taking a trip”. You’re young and innocent, likely with that special someone by your side, though you can't mention their name because your parents are, understandably, suspicious. 

4. You may end up doing wrong to some people out of your own irritability / insecurities but you’ll have learnt it and even if you wont be able to undo it, you’ll carry it forward becoming more mindful.

5. You come across anxiety as a term and that will automatically make all sense to you for all the time you’ve felt a certain ache in your heart or you’re suddenly fidgety due to having too much in mind. A whole lot of bit has nothing to do with the actual feelings or anxiety, it just sounds better in terms of using the word. (Even if it is wrong)

6. You will have ample break-ups. One day you’ll be in love; one day you’ll be out of it. Overtime, you’ll learn to know what you desire and what fits you.

It’s just weirder everyday.

Now that I’m twenty-five, I feel like this process of growing up everyday just seems to have simplified with time. I’m not saying that I didn’t enjoy those years but I didn’t even really let them sink in.

I wish I would have focused more on the little things that happened instead of looking for the bigger pictures around but all I did was get my heart broken, mess up my mind, hurt the people I love, get hurt myself, and travel very, very little.
All in all, now that I look back; I’m grateful. For the lessons and for all that I went through. 


Most importantly, I'm grateful for the puberty that thankfully kicked in.

Comments


  1. You are indeed a woman of wisdom❤️ love you so much, you don’t even know🫡

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are amazing❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

245/365?

289? /365

247/365