247/365

 

:) <3

I grew up as a tomboy. Quite literally. 

I was obsessed with boy-cuts and I would hate for my hair to grow. 

I was a different child. I wanted razorback cycles instead of a ladybird; I’d want to jump off of stairs and compete my neighbour to “who jumps off of the last stair” winding up hurting myself.

 I was a big fan of playing football, cricket and especially, PAKDA PAKDI. 

Kids in my building back then would pick on me most of the times or would just buzz me off by saying “you’re a girl, girls don’t play this” and I’d end up playing anyhow

(by hitting someone in the head). 

Well, safe to say, I also abused a boy for  the first time at the age of 11-12; might I add, for a very good reason. (Again, in my head)

I also participated during Dahi Handi; 

I climbed up crossing 2 rows filled with boys, that would be a big win and a huge slap on the bozos who’d say otherwise. 

I’m a very competitive person. Now that I realise, I always have been. 

I might have not won always but I’ve tried hard enough to prove myself otherwise. 

Every-time that I see this picture, I’m overwhelmed with everything that my childhood has been and my! Oh my, If I had wanted to, I’d live all of it; again.

Above all, I remind myself to be more accepting of who I am and how I am. 

I’m all over the place with my feelings in this but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, 

Know that you’re enough. 

I fail to remind myself and I was too young to understand back then but it’s never too late, I guess?🫂

- S K 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

245/365?

289? /365